The spring semester is almost over and as always I am exciting to see these courses behind me (if I pass). I took Geology as I was informed it was easy. Let me just say one thing, the easy classes are going to be the ones that you are interested in and rocks just wasn't it for me. But, I will give my teacher props she has been helpful with those students who are less than enthused to be in the class. I think I might do semi-decent in her class, but pray and fast for me just in case. Tonight was our last lab night, and the teach decided to hold it out at Village Creek State Park. It was great to be out there and see all the city kids scared of little bugs that landed on them or noises in the leaves next to them. I was raised in the city and technically I am a city boy, but I have always enjoyed the outdoors (plus I lived in Buna for a couple of years which if you do the math makes me 7.6% country boy), so being outdoors is something I am use to and enjoy. It made me realize that although life is busy we need to slow down occasionally. I go non-stop. I am waiting for injectable Red Bull and Monster so I can get it straight into my bloodstream, but being out there for those couple of hours was a great stress reliever. As bad as we think SE Texas is at times, we really just need to get out there and see what it has to offer. There are some great places for us to enjoy, and great places we can take the kids to help them enjoy more than just Dora the Explorer.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Back to Nature
Posted by Kyle at 10:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Will you and Holli take me when you explore? I want to explore, but I'm scared that I might get sliced and diced at one of the parks if I go alone. Lots of thugs in Beaumont, you know.
Erin, you're welcome to come with us anytime. We're planning on making a trip to Shang-gri-la Botanical Gardens in Orange fairly soon.
And, fyi, it's not the thugs you have to worry about at the park... it's the inappropriate gay activities. Kyle, Marshall, and I used to regularly walk at Tyrrell Park until it was busted in a gay sting operation.
Man, I love that new template, honey! That's really something special...
Yes, the template is LOVELY. But, you have to admit that the brown thing that I believe is supposed to be a hamburger looks like a big cow dookie.
Post a Comment