Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Bachelor

Tomorrow (today since I am typing at 12:24 AM) marks one week of me living as a bachelor. I won't lie, the first couple of days were fun. Just me and, well me. I did what I wanted, with whomever I wanted, when I wanted. But, then about Wednesday night I realized something, pillows don't snuggle you back as well as your spouse does. It is so boring (except for some late night X-boxing with Marshall and Rich).

I really don't know what to do with myself now, and since Holli won't be back until the 14th I am dreading the next 10 days. Not to mention we have a TS in the gulf that has Cat 1 hurricane potential. Who will I snuggle if I get scared (I won't though because I am a man and I could slay dragons if need be)?

But, I am lonely and I miss my wife. There is no one to talk to or laugh with right before turning the bedside lamp off. No one to talk with during dinner. All I can do is watch TV while I eat my carryout or drive thru meal. Anyone in Beaumont want to invite me to dinner? Just kidding (not really, I am serious).

Oh, the Blogging Olympics, well it turns out that I am like a 3rd world country that has one guy in the Olympics. And do to muscle craps or bad diarrhea (nothing to blog about in my case) the athlete never even shows up to the event. So to you Gambia, I have gained a new respect. And to Holli, I concede. What was I thinking?

4 comments:

Rondi said...

Oh my poor baby boy. And to think you are going through all of this with mommy out of town. I am so sorry. But, I think Maren makes good sausage and macaroni and cheese!!! Don't worry, time goes so quickly and you will see Holli before you know it and you will realize how much you can survive.

Holli said...

Oh, you made me cry. I miss you, too. :(

Klevrkris said...

I feel for you Kyle. I am, however, quite enjoying Holli's presence. Thanks for sharing her with us. It won't last forever, I promise.

Jill said...

Kyle, you're welcome to come eat at our house- every night. 6 sharp.